Michael (Mike) S. Dockery Partner
Michael S. (Mike) Dockery is a Partner in the Billings office. His practice focuses on the areas of real estate and commercial law, including commercial and real estate sale, lease and financing transactions, subdivision, development, zoning and planning matters, title insurance issues and claims, creditors’ rights and foreclosures. Mr. Dockery also represents clients in government and municipal finance transactions.
Mr. Dockery received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Montana School of Law. While in law school, he was a member of the Moot Court Team. He received his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Montana State University.
Mr. Dockery has spoken at various seminars on general real estate law, title insurance law, land use and development, foreclosure of real and personal property interests and hazardous waste liability in real estate transactions.
- Montana, 1983
- U.S. District Court District of Montana, 1983
- 1983 - J.D. University of Montana School of Law
- 1980 - B.A. Montana State University
Awards and Honors
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America for Commercial Litigation and Real Estate Law (2001 - present)
- Listed in Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Real Estate Law
- Fellow, American College of Real Estate Lawyers
National Association of Bond Lawyers
Montana Land Title Association
American Land Title Association
Yellowstone Area Bar Association
State Bar of Montana
American Bar Association (member of the section on Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law and the section on Law Practice Management)
- Graduate, Leadership Montana, 2006