Benjamin (Ben) P. Hursh Partner
Ben Hursh is a Partner in the Missoula Commercial Department. Although he has experience handling a broad range of commercial matters, his practice focuses on commercial issues involving real estate and commercial lending. Ben's primary areas of practice are Banking, Creditor's Rights and Bankruptcy, and Real Estate. A significant portion of his practice involves assisting lenders with a broad range of issues related to origination, loan documentation, perfection of security interests, enforcement of security interests, Article 9 of the U.C.C., loan workouts, foreclosure, and Bankruptcy. He is currently Chair of the Creditor's Rights and Bankruptcy Practice Group at Crowley Fleck.
Ben received his J.D. from the University of Montana School of Law in 2003. Prior to attending law school, he obtained his B.A. in History from Montana State University. In connection with his studies at Montana State University, he was awarded a Boren Scholarship and used the award to conduct independent research in India through the University of Wisconsin.
- Montana, 2003
U.S. District Court for the District of Montana, 2003
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Idaho , 2010
- U.S. District Court for the District of Idaho, 2010
- 2003 - J.D., University of Montana School of Law
- 1999 - B.A., Montana State University
Awards and Honors
- Mountain States Super Lawyers Rising Star (2013-2014)
Community and Professional Involvement
- Chair, Bankruptcy Section of the Montana Bar Association
- Adjunct Professor, Article 9 Secured Transactions University of Montana School of Law
- Ben has assisted and represented clients in simple foreclosure matters and complex bankruptcy proceedings. He has experience in cases involving foreclosure under Montana's Small Tract Financing Act, Claim and Delivery, Debtor in Possession (DIP) Financing, lenders and acquirers in sales under 11 U.S.C. 363, contested matters, and adversary proceedings before the Bankruptcy Court. Along with this commercial litigation experience, he also assists lenders with issues related to loan origination, documentation, workouts and restructuring, perfection and enforcement of security interests, and Article 9 of the U.C.C.
Martz v. Beneficial Montana Inc., 332 Mont. 93, 135 P.3d 790 (Mont. 2006)
In re Lodge at Big Sky, LLC 454 B.R. 138 (Bkrtcy.D.Mont. 2011)
- Rathbun v. IndyMac Mortg. Services --- F. Supp.2d. ---, 2013 WL 75782
- American Bankruptcy Institute
State Bar of Montana
Wyoming State Bar Association
Idaho State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
* The Wyoming State Bar does not certify any lawyer as a specialist, or expert. Anyone considering a lawyer should independently investigate the lawyer's credentials and ability, and not rely upon advertisements, or self-proclaimed expertise.
-- Rule 7.2, Wyoming Rules of Professional Conduct