Brian Holland Partner
Brian Holland is the partner in the Butte office. His work focuses primarily on large or complex energy and mineral related projects and transactions, such as power plants, pipeline projects, oil & gas transactions, and wind energy projects, with his work involving various aspects, including due diligence, permitting, transaction agreements, condemnation, financing and financing opinions, and generally assisting clients complete projects and close transactions. He joined the firm in 2004 after serving as Senior Counsel with the Montana Power Company Legal Department, where he worked, starting in 1992, on a wide variety of energy-related projects and transactions. Prior to that position, he was in private practice with a litigation firm in Seattle for four years, and before that, he was with the Butte-Silver Bow County Attorney's Office for four years. Brian is a Butte native who graduated from the University of Montana Law School in 1982, with his undergraduate degree in Economics from Carroll College, Helena, in 1978.
- Montana, 1982
- Washington, 1987
- 1982 - J.D., University of Montana Law School
- 1978 - B.A. in Economics, Carroll College
Community and Professional Involvement
- Has been active in numerous community organizations, including serving on the Boards of the following organizations: Butte-Silver Bow Public Archives, Project Green of Montana, World Museum of Mining, and the Butte Amateur Hockey Association, plus involvement with several youth sports organizations.
- Montana State Bar Association
American Bar Association
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Association