Herbert (Fritz) I. Pierce III Partner
Mr. Pierce is a member of the firm's litigation department. He grew up in Montana. After law school, he practiced in California for 11 years before returning to Montana in 1981. He served as a first Lieutenant in the U.S. Army Military Intelligence 1971-1973.
- District of Columbia
- University of Montana, B.A. Political Science, 1967
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, Juris Doctor, 1970
Awards and Honors
- AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubble
- Selected by peers as a Mountain States Super Lawyer for 2008, 2011 and 2012
Community and Professional Involvement
- Past president of Billings West Rotary
- Former board member and executive committee member of United Way of Yellowstone County
- Tried in excess of 50 jury trials as lead counsel in state and Federal courts in Montana, North Dakota, Virginia, and California.
- Major practice emphasis in the areas of medical negligence defense, personal injury, and commercial litigation.
- Defense Research Institute, Section on Medical Negligence
Litigation Counsel of America trial lawyers honorary society
- American Academy of Medical Malpractice Lawyers