Peter F. Habein Partner
Peter F. Habein is a partner in the firm and a trial attorney in the litigation department. He came to the firm in 1984 after serving as a law clerk to the late Senior United States District Judge William J. Jameson. His practice includes general civil litigation, but he has extensive experience in insurance law, including insurance bad faith litigation, coverage litigation, and agent and broker liability. He is a member of the Defense Research Institute, the International Association of Defense Counsel, and the Montana Defense Trial Lawyers Association (past president and DRI representative).
Mr. Habein received his law degree from the University of Montana School of Law where he was editor-in-chief of the Montana Law Review. He has contributed to articles published in that journal.
- Montana, 1983
U.S. District Court District of Montana, 1983
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1984
- 1983 - J.D., University of Montana School of Law
1980 - M.A., University of Virginia
- 1979 - A.B., Dartmouth College, cum laude
Community and Professional Involvement
- Billings Studio Theater, Board of Directors
- Yellowstone Soccer Association, Board of Directors
- State Bar Ethics Committee, 2007 - Present
University of Montana School of Law, Board of Visitors 2002 - 2008
Ninth Judicial Circuit Historical Society, Board of Directors 2007 - Present
- Montana Defense Trial Lawyers Association, President 2000 - 2001